Monday, January 31, 2011

Good Safeway/Hallmark/Sandwich Deal


Between now and February 14, 2011, Safeway has a Hallmark deal - buy three cards (Valentine's or otherwise) and then you get a $5 catalina (a printed coupon upon checkout) which is good on your next purchase.  Also, this week (through Feb 1 only - sorry), Safeway has their $4.99 sandwiches printing a coupon for a free sandwich on your next visit (must be redeemed by 2/20).

So, today I bought three cards ($1.99) each - and paid $6.52 and received a coupon for $5.  I then bought a sandwich (with the Safeway club discount it comes to $4.49) and added a pack of Mentos (50 cents each this week-to bring my purchase up to to $5.00-plus I like Mentos) and then paid with my $5 coupon and  a whopping 41 cents.  Now I also have a coupon for a free sandwich which I will redeem next week.

In other words, 3 Hallmark cards, 2 sandwiches, and one pack of Mentos for a total of $6.93.   I've paid that much for a couple of cards let alone sandwiches.  All in all good purchases.

PS, I also hear that some Safeways have a little teddy bear that you get from Hallmark for purchasing 3 cards--my Safeway either did not have them or were out.  No problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment